Job Description• Develop and Implement Strategies to deliver Superior Sales performance in New Business Models for all Segments through efficient allocation of resources and managing priorities to deliver against ambitious economic profit performance goals set by the Head of CB Tanzania. Work as part of the Country CB ManCo to deliver the country overall economic profit performance targets
• Planning, directing and management of Sales activities across Consumer Banking in Tanzania.
• Formulating Sales related business strategy support across all segments in Consumer Banking.
• Provide leadership in the overall strategy, growth and profitability of Personal Banking
• Drive customer experience and NPS through the responsibilities indicated below
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Responsible for market leading value proposition, branding and communication
• Initiate and collaborate with channels, product, and functional teams to identify and develop product solutions to meet the needs of the Personal Banking segment and improve customer service delivery through turnaround times, service level agreements and process improvements
• Collaborate with Product partners to develop product bundles, pricing & promotions to improve cross product holding ratio and portfolio growth
• Lead in the formulation of sub-segment strategy and propositions that match with life stage cycle
• Upgrade NTB and ETB where appropriate in line with agreed upgrade/downgrade protocol
• Maximize customer value through segmentation insights, offer management and disciplined portfolio management / profiling
• Drive cross selling and migration by tailoring solutions to deepen client relationships
• Define and manage customer retention strategies, including reactive retention and proactive retention programs
• Define and manage customer “Tail management” programs
• Leverage customer research and competitor benchmarking on customer service and customer loyalty/advocacy metrics including NPS scores and drive initiatives to improve them.
• Drive the implementation of global service initiatives and standards for the segment
• Network and maintain contact with external sources to benchmark innovative developments
• Drive and embed a strong performance culture through an inspiring and rigorous performance management discipline
• Develop and build talents within Personal Banking segment through optimal resourcing, capacity planning, succession planning and engagement
• Ensure customer value proposition is implemented in compliance with external & internal regulations & policies i.e. Operational, Credit, Reputational & People Risk
• Liaison with credit to ensure that credit criteria is robust and balanced for growth of Personal Banking segment
• Accountable for adherence to policy framework relating to New Business laid out at Group and Country Level
• Initiate and conduct annual New Business Reviews at country level with Segment GM’s, Functional Heads, HOCB Tanzania and forward to Regional NB, East Africa and Group Operational and Business Risk the annual review templates with Country comments
• Initiate Business Plans for New Business model Launch
• Develop, Rollout, maintain and where applicable recommend procedures and controls that meet/strengthen the requirements of Group Policy, Group standards and local Law and regulations
• Responsible for managing opportunity and Risk associated with New Business.
• Develop and grow multiple aggressive sales units for all products with a vision to be a market leader in each of the EA countries.
• Develop sales strategies for specific product channels, customer segments and geographic segments
• Build an organisational and management team capable of delivering distinctive sales performance through organizing activities according to the Key performance drivers through an appropriate mix of New Business Models
• To drive motivate and inspire Sales Managers to achieve their planned sales activities.
• Draw up strategies and manage the performance delivery of all New Business channels.
• Ensure adequate control on payment of incentive/commission to New Business Officers/Executives.
• Work as part of CB Country Mancom in establishing priorities and ensure effective performance delivery for CB overall in Country. Support CB EDs in developing overall CB Country/Cluster strategy
• Ensure training standards laid down at Group and Country Level including those related to compliance are met
• Ensuring alignment of the Businesses sales capacity and effectiveness toward its financial objectives. Making recommendations for approval and executing the agreed Sales Model for Consumer Banking in Tanzania.
• Managing sales support activities with focus on existing and new customer groups to provide quality service and to enhance market share in the targeted customer segment products.
• Working in tandem with Segment General Managers to Develop, organise and implementing marketing/sales programmes/packages/promotions to actively acquire, sustain and deepen existing customer relationships among targeted customer groups.
• Ensuring a cohesive and consistent sales approach for Consumer Banking
Tanzania across segments
• Build adequate processes for the Sales function and structure to prevent miss selling, misrepresentation, fraud and adhere to customer protection principles
• HR Policies continue to be review and complied with by staff and New Business Officers/Executives.
• Ensure that effective arrangements are in place within the jobholder’s area of business responsibility for the prevention of money laundering in line with Group Policy and standards, local legal and regularly requirements, based on guidance from Country MLPO.
• Ensure ISA appointment and reviews are carried out diligently.
• HR policies continued to be reviewed & followed by staff
• Ensure HR staff focus on recruitment activities to meet business headcount requirements
• Ensure that HR staff tracks and follows up on all staff training requirements. To be done separately to all channels.
• Ensure customer service quality and complaints are handled promptly and efficiently to satisfaction of customers. At the same time ensure that the process of the above is clearly defined.
Qualifications & Skills
• Relevant tertiary education in areas of Marketing and Business Management.
• In-depth knowledge in all Consumer Banking products and basic knowledge for corresponding CIBG products.
• In-depth knowledge in Banking practices, regulations and credit policies.
• High level of technical competencies in,
- Competitor awareness
- Customer segmentation / requirements
- Training, presentation and selling skills
• Extensive working experience in Consumer Banking.
• Strong inter-personal communication skills with wide exposure to team orientation and people management skills.
• Strong presentation and negotiation skills in presenting alternative financing terms and conditions to maximise return and minimise credit risk in closing related financial deals
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 06/06/2012. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.