Job Description• To market and structure working capital (cash management and trade finance) solutions off existing product offering in Tanzania
• To manage and develop an account portfolio of key WB TB clients for LC/CTA segment
• Ensure maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict Compliance with AML and CRM standards, as defined by the Group and Local Regulatory Authorities.
Location: Dar es Salaam
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Manage and grow the existing relationships and acquire new relationships from the market while protecting the Bank’s exposure and maximising returns in a manner consistent with Business strategy / Global Account Plans and in compliance with Group and Local Credit Policy.
- Provide strategic direction, drive and focus for the team in managing and growing the portfolio.
- Provide Career guidance and support for individual team members.
• To implement the sales plans in line with overall product strategy plans, in conjunction with your line manager, to ensure that revenue and profitability targets are achieved.
• To understand customers’ businesses and to anticipate their requirements through consultative cross selling. To match customers’ needs with product capabilities through presentation of tailored proposals. To negotiate terms and conditions, in conjunction with your line manager, to maximise revenue and profitability.
• To be a crucial part of the solution implementation and follow up team to ensure customer inc is minimised. Devise jointly with the customer and Client Access Management (CAM) a realistic and achievable implementation rollout plan based on any solution implementation.
• Regular interaction with the customer to ensure implementation rollout is as per agreed plan. Ensure that all the relevant customer staff are trained and frequently solicit feedback from these users for purposes of measuring the success of the implementation.
• To proactively manage new and existing names within the assigned transactional banking portfolio ensuring consistent throughput Ensure the Bank’s share of wallet within the portfolio is grown/ maintained in line with the Bank’s account plan for the customer. To maintain a revenue pipeline featuring Incremental revenue and run off in addition to the Business as usual revenue from the portfolio as part of effectively managing this process.
• To provide feedback and assistance to all areas within cash management to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated into ongoing plans and initiatives. To keep cash management informed of customer needs, trends and market intelligence to ensure keep abreast of market development and factors which impact on competitiveness of the products
• To provide assistance to relationship managers in maintaining ongoing close contact with clients on a product partnership basis to ensure targeted realisation rates are met to generate new revenue opportunities, and to gain feedback on the product. To conduct joint calling with Relationship Managers to provide technical product expertise.
• To identify opportunities for cross-selling and referral to other SCB lines through developing and maintaining a close understanding of customers’ businesses.
• To participate in various client functions, conduct client surveys and conduct Focus groups to ensure product and market intelligence feedback is solicited, and used in a way which enhances SCB’s competitive positive.
• Leverage on SCB Region structure; product offering e.g. iPayments.
• The implementation and monitoring of KYC & CRM measures in line with Group and Regulatory requirements
Qualifications & Skills
• Undergraduate degree
• Sales experience, strong people management, communication, presentation & Organisational skills.
• Depth in a structured Sales process involving the understanding of a customers situation and problems with it and the provision of a structural solution based on the customer need and the Bank’s product offering.
• The ability to make good business decisions is critical to assessing risk.
• Strong knowledge of the marketplace
• Knowledge of bank operations, corporate treasury functions, money markets and banking regulations.
• Knowledge of the general banking environment with regards to legal issues, industry changes, competitor awareness, etc.
• Credit Skill Assessment (CSAP) Completion.
• 7 - 10 years experience in Corporate Banking is an added advantage
• Strong financial, analytical and writing skills.
• Thorough understanding of SCB’s Credit Policies.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.