The HUSIKA Project is a vibrant new partnership project in Tanzania. It includes PSI (the project lead), EngenderHealth, Femina and T-MARC. The primary beneficiaries for this intervention are: commercial sex workers (CSW), women engaged in transitional sex (WETS), and their partners and clients. The overall goal of Husika is to ‘reduce HIV incidence in Tanzania by preventing HIV transmission between at-risk and Most At-Risk Populations (MARPs) and their sexual patners’. The project has two programs objectives namely: Strengthen the protective behaviors of at-risk populations, MARPs and their sexual patners to prevent HIV transmission: and Strengthen the environment at the national through to community levels to enable at-risk populations’ and MARPs access to high quality medical and non-medical support and services. Husika is now seeking the expression of interests for the position of Program Officer, Capacity Building based in Dar es Salaam. This position is open for Tanzania national candidates only.
Scope of Position:
The Program Officer, Capacity Building, under the supervision of the STA Service Delivery Management, will build capacity and provide guidance in establishing functional training procedures for the delivery of standard trainings in all programs/projects supported through EngenderHealth for Husika. He/She will work with other technical advisors, including from EngenderHealth (EH) global, to design and implement trainings to support the delivery of comprehensive service delivery for key populations; HIV integration as well as advocacy, gender and Man as Partners (MAP) trainings. The Program Officer, Capacity Building will apply evidence-based practices in all of his/her work.
- Develop and/or adapt training manuals/curriculum, teaching aids and other training manuals in line with national and international standards.
- Work with MOHSW and partners in updating and reviewing technical guidelines and training curriculums.
- Support the development and effective implementation of EH Husika training strategy, frameworks and approaches.
- Develop comprehensive training schedules; post training follow-up master plan and lead all training related coordination activities.
- Participate in the review and adaptation or development of training and outreach materials; and further organize and facilitate training of cohorts of health staff of identified service delivery partners as well as community teams working in partnership with Husika and Husika partners.
- Ensure internal staffs have technical skill and capacity to provide technical assistance in RH to key populations. The incumbent is responsible to build the capacity of Husika staff, partners and master trainers to deliver quality training.
- Provide technical assistance to district and regional training facilities, CBOs and provide regular technical assistance to ensure their functionality; conduct training needs assessment as necessary; perform training evaluation and follow-up.
- Adapt, synthesize, disseminate and integrate lesson learned and best practice in regards to key population service delivery trainings and training related activities.
- Working closely with the TA Service Delivery, TA Gender Programming and MOHSW counterparts to ensure staff are gender sensitive and consistent application of clinical and RH service delivery standards, protocols and guidelines in all Husika project activies.
- S/he is expected to travel to and work in the focus geographic area up to 50% the time.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Medical degree, nursing degree or other relevant social science degree. Masters Degree in Public Health is an advantage. Certificate in training facilitation preferred.
- Knowledge of public health, HIV prevention, Stigma and discrimination, GBV preferred.
- At least three (3+) years of experience in training related field with commendable experience in curriculum development, training manual preparation, training needs assessment, etc.
- Demonstrated technical expertise in organizing and facilitating trainings, clinical monitoring and providing mentorship on service delivery on key populations (as defined herein) and RH related topics for public, private and NGO audiences.
- Experience with and understanding of MOHSW training system.
- Experience in capacity building for advocacy activities
- Experience in documentation, presenting findings, results and lessons learned to a variety of audiences.
- Fluent in Kiswahili and English, with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate with Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
Please visit the careers page at www.engenderhealth.org to submit your applications online by 17th August, 2012.
EngenderHealth is an equal opportunity employer.