The PhD Certificate Program in Network Science is a new program that provides tools to understand the principles governing social, political, economic, and environmental networks. Students get to work with some of the most prominent network scientists in the world, exploring terabyte-sized datasets capturing mobile phone calls between millions of individuals, financial transactions between banks and companies, energy delivery systems, memberships in the directorial boards of companies, and affiliations in political parties. Candidates with an interest in network science and its applications to political science, economics, and environmental sciences and policy can apply via the respective departments’ . Upon completion of the doctoral program, students will also receive a PhD Certificate in network science.
The program focuses on the following problem areas:
* Political science: business-political networks, social movements, social influences in voter behavior
* Economics: world system networks and development, embeddedness of multinational corporations, network effects and externalities
* Environmental science: resilience in energy grids, food webs and economic competition
SCHOLARSHIPS AND FELLOWSHIPS
CEU is committed to attracting talented students and scholars from around the world. The University provides a variety of scholarships and research grants for which applicants from any country are eligible to apply.
* CEU Doctoral Fellowships cover full tuition, health insurance, and a generous stipend for housing and living expenses. More than 90 percent of PhD students receive the full doctoral fellowship from CEU, while others are supported by external organizations providing funding.
* Direct Student Loans and Canada Student Loans are available for eligible U.S. and Canadian students.
* External Scholarships and Financial Program administered through CEU include Erasmus Mundus scholarships, Erasmus research grants, and other private and public fellowships and scholarships.
CAREER PATHS: Network scientists are employed in academia, government, and business. Applied network scientists work at Internet and social media companies, where they improve users’ online experience. They also serve as consultants developing business infrastructure and specialize in risk mitigation for major financial institutions.
Application Deadline : 24 January 2013