DEG, member of KfW Bankengruppe, is one of the largest European development finance institutions. For 50 years, DEG has been investing in profitable projects or managed initiatives that contribute to sustainable development in all sectors of transition and developing countries’ economies. Our aim is to establish and expand private enterprise structures in developing and transition countries, and thus create the basis for sustainable growth and a lasting improvement in the living conditions of the local population.
Over a four period, DEG will manage the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’s Coffee Partnership for Tanzania (CPT). The partnership aims to improve the livelihoods of 85.000 Tanzanian smallholder farmers.
To ensure its overall success, DEG is recruiting a
Senior Advisor, based in Tanzania
for the Coffee Partnership who will closely work with the Project Director and team members based in Cologne as well as with the initiative’s partners (Armajaro Trading Ltd., Ecom Agroindustrial Ltd., Hanns R. Neumann Foundation, Hivos and Solidaridad), especially in the following areas:
- Assisting in development and maintenance of a close interaction with the initiative’s implementing partners and the sectors stakeholders on a national and zonal level
- Monitoring and evaluation of the implementing partners work, quality control, cost-effectiveness, and day-to-day oversight
- Collection and analysis of relevant information on project partners and project development (e.g. financial information, developments in the Tanzanian coffee market and regulatory framework, etc.); preparation of lessons learnt
- Collaborate with NORC, the partnership‘s external M&E body, in the area of data collection, analysis and reporting
- Advising implementing partners on all aspects of coffee growing, farmer training, etc.
- Contribute to the further development of the initiative and of potential additional funding proposals
For these demanding tasks, applicants should provide the following qualifications:
· Significant experience in private and/or public sector enterprise in the agricultural sector (coffee sector and others)
· Experience with developmental projects in East Africa, ideally in Tanzania
· Ability to understand and handle complex projects with multiple stakeholders and conflicting interests to be balanced
· Excellent written and oral communication skills (English / Swahili)
· Proven strong strategic, analytic and operational capability
· Master's degree in agricultural, economic, business or developmental studies
Please submit your application (incl. cover letter, CV and references) to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 4th, 2012.