The Professional College of Njombe is a leading college of Vocational Education and Training in the process of gaining accreditation with the Tanzanian Ministry of Education and Vocational Training through VETA. It is an innovative and progressive college which commenced operations in 2012 on two campuses in four areas of specialisation: Agriculture, Livestock, Masonry and Carpentry. Due to expansion it is now seeking teachers who are committed to ongoing change.
Teachers who are able to deliver in AT LEAST TWO of the following
specialisations from the VETA curriculum are encouraged to apply:
English Entrepreneurship Lifeskills
• Deliver and assess learning programs within their area/s of specialisation.
• Develop flexible innovative learning programs employing student-centred learning strategies.
• Work collaboratively within and contribute to a team environment.
• Demonstrate high standards of professional work and ethics.
• Comply with all policies and accepted practices at the Professional College of Njombe
• Undertake teaching and related administration duties in a timely and efficient manner.
• Undertake appropriate staff development to maintain currency of knowledge and skills.
• Current technical knowledge and competency in the area/s of specialisation;
• At least 3years relevant teaching experience;
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English and Kiswahili;
• Well-developed organisational skills, including the ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
• Demonstrated ability to facilitate and encourage learning using alternative methods;
• Demonstrated initiative, self-motivation and commitment to teaching.
There is also an opportunity for a teacher to take on additional
responsibilities in the role of matron/patron. This would be a live-in
position on campus.
Applicants MUST have a teaching qualification recognised by the MOEVT in
Tanzania. The minimum level is a Certificate of Teaching.
HOW TO APPLY
Teachers are required to commence at the latest the end of February
2013. Interested persons should forward their Curriculum Vitaeand a
covering letter (no more than 1 page) to the General Manager at:
Please direct all enquiries to
Mr Giovanni Viale: +255763661225 OR Mr Edgar Lugome: +255762045246.
Last date for receipt of applications is Friday 18 January, 2013