Award Name: CUD Scholarships in Belgium for Developing Countries
About Employer: The University Commission for Development (CUD) provides scholarships to international students for study in Belgium. It is responsible for the implementation of the policy of university cooperation for development. CUD provides cutting-edge international trainings and courses for development.
Degree program: This scholarship is available for master’s courses and trainings or training.
Subject(s): Subjects covered under this award are:
Aquaculture, Transport Management, Public Health – Guidance Health and Development, Sciences and Environmental Management in Developing Countries, Managing Animal and Plant Resources in Tropical Environments, Natural Hazards Management, Food Science and Technology, Transfusion Medicine, European Microfinance Programme, Crop Protection Tropical and Subtropical, International and Development Economics, Development Environment and Society, Public Health Methodology.
Internships and training programs available for year 2013-14 are:
- Internship Use of Information Technologies and Communication in the University Libraries
- Methodological training in support of innovation in family farming
- Only applicants originating in developing countries, qualify for selection. To be eligible, candidates must reside and work in their country at the time of the introduction of the file.
- At the beginning of the programme, candidates must be less than 40 years old for courses, and less than 45 years old for training programmes.
- Candidates must be holders of a degree that is comparable to a Belgian University graduate degree (“licence”). However, for certain programmes different rules of admissibility may be defined and these are specified hereafter, where appropriate.
- Candidates must show professional experience of at least two years upon termination of their studies. Where candidates are holders of a postgraduate degree delivered by a university of an industrial country, they must show professional experience of at least three years upon termination of their studies.
- Candidates must have a good knowledge of written and spoken French; for programmes organized in another language, good knowledge, in writing and speaking, of this language, is required. Moreover, the candidate will be asked to commit himself to study French in order to be able to participate in daily life in Belgium.
- Candidates are not allowed to apply for more than one programme.
- Applicants must not first obtain admission to one of the French-speaking universities of Belgium in order to apply for grants from the CUD.
South Africa, Algeria, Bangladesh, Benin, Bolivia, Brazil, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, China, Colombia, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Guinea, Haïti, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Uganda, Peru, Philippines, Democratic Republic of Congo, Rwanda, El Salvador, Senegal, Suriname, Tanzania, Palestinian territories, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Program Details: CIUF-CUD grants scholarship for international courses and training programmes to encourage the intake of foreign students in Belgium. 150 course participation scholarships and 70 training particpation scholarships are provided under this scheme.
Financial aid: Please inquire with the scholarship provider for more information on the coverage of the scholarship.
No. of awards available: CIUF-CUD grants each year 150 scholarships for participation into the courses and 70 for participation into the training programmes.
Apply for award: Download the application form from the official website and send it only by post mail or express mail.
Last date of Application: All the applications must reach CUD at the latest by February 13, 2013. And applications for the following training and internship programs must reach CUD by 18 January, 2013.
Further information and application