People Power Limited
Friday, August 31, 2012
Reports to: (Finance Manager/Senior)
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal: All departments
Duty Station:Dar es salaam
Job Outputs: Weekly reports, Monthly Management accounts, Fixed Asset register.
Minimum Educational Qualifications: Qualified Accountant,Acca.
Minimum Work Experience and Technical Experience:3 years
Qualities of person needed:
Required Competencies:Technical knowledge,Leadership skills,team work,communication skills.
Overall Job Function/ Overall Job Purpose/ Overall Job Objective:
To analyse and report on key financial data within the organisation ensuring that Chief Financial Officer and Senior Accountant receive timely, accurate and relevant reports and information.
Detailed Job Responsibilities:
- ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses
- analyze and advise on business operations including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenues and expenditure plans
- analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures, provide strategic recommendations and maintain solutions to business and financial problems
* Review work done by junior staff in the department.
* Bank Reconciliations
* Journal Entries Batched
* Payments Processed – before cheques are signed etc.
* Maintain fixed asset register and generate related schedules and reports
* Assist in reviewing inventory management process and reports
* compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly and annual accounts
- ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- ensure all financial reporting deadlines are met
- prepare financial management reports
- help in timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- help the senior accountant in the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- ensure compliance with tax laws and other statutory requirements
- Assist in coordinating statutory external audits
- Ensure intercompany Balances are agreed and sign off on a monthly basis
Attractive salary plus excellent benefits offered.
Website: Go to Website