Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (DUWASA) was established under section 3(I) of Cap. 272 of 1997 as repealed by section 60 of Water Supply and Sanitation Act No. 12 of 2009. DUWASA is charged with the overall responsibility of operations and management of water supply and sanitation services in Dodoma urban within the Municipality. Applications are invited from suitably qualified, dynamic, experienced and performance driven Tanzanians, male and female, to fill in the following excellent carrier opportunity:
1.1 Required Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Environmental Science & Management or equivalent qualifications.
The Environmental Planning and Management Officer administratively will be reporting to the Human Resources and Administration Manager and technically to Sewerage and Environmental Engineer.
1.3 Summarised Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensuring that DUWASA activities are carried out in environmentally friendly and sustainable manner.
· Work with regulatory agencies on environment issues; identify partnership, sponsorship and grant opportunities or other external funding resources where appropriate and applicable.
· Maintain a knowledge base of environmental and general safety practices including workers exposure monitoring as per occupation health and safety Act no. 5 of 2003.
· Create public awareness on the importance of protecting water sources and catchment areas from pollution, polluter pay principle should apply as per Environmental Management Act 2004.
· Ensure that water supply and sewerage projects are subjected to Environmental Impact Assessment at the design and planning stages so as to ensure that potential impacts and proposed remedial measures are taken into consideration during the implementation and operation stages.
Plan, design and supervise landscaping activities (Environmental horticulture).
Prepare, review, and update environmental investigation and recommendation reports.
- Provide technical-level support for environmental remediation and litigation projects, including remediation system design and determination of regulatory applicability.
- Review the whole environmental operation, carrying out environmental audits and assessments, identifying and resolving environmental problems.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the Human Resources and Administration Manager and Sewerage and Environmental Engineer.
2.0 ESSENTIAL COMPETENCIES FOR THE POST
· Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, to a diverse audience.
· Demonstrate the highest level of ethical behavior.
· Excellent time-management, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate interaction with the workforce. Experience in water sector is an added advantage.
3.0 TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR THE POST
Permanent with six months probation period.
4.0 AGE LIMIT FOR THE APPLICANTS
Applicants for the post should not be above 40 years of age.
The post carries attractive remunerations package subject to work professional qualifications and competence.
6.0 MODE OF APPLICATION
Letter of application accompanied by a detailed CV, Photocopies of relevant academic transcripts and certificates; names and addresses of three reliable referees; day contact telephone numbers and postal address should reach the under mentioned address before or on September 11, 2012 to:
The Managing Director,
Dodoma Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority,
P.O. Box 431,
Tel: 026 – 2324245. Fax: 026 – 2320060,
· RESULT SLIPS AND PROVISIONAL STATEMENT OF RESULTS SHALL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
· ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FOR INTERVIEW.
· FOR THOSE WHO WILL BE SHORTLISTED FOR INTERVIEW ALONG WITH THEM THEY SHOULD COME WITH ORIGINAL CERTIFICATES FOR PROOF; SHORT OF THAT THEY WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND THE INTERVIEW.
· THIS ADVERT IS ALSO AVAILABLE AT DUWASA WEBSITE: www.duwasa.or.tz