Management Systems International (MSI) is a global international development firm based in Washington, D.C. providing specialized short- and long-term technical assistance. MSI is part of Coffey International Development, a global international development consulting firm. Together with Coffey ID, MSI now has more than 1,500 development professionals worldwide, a corporate presence in 11 countries and manages more than 200 projects worldwide. It currently manages more than 20 long-term projects in countries, including Iraq, Sudan, Colombia and Russia. Broadly, MSI implements a range of analytical and field projects in its core technical areas, including democracy and governance, strategic management and performance improvement, organizational capacity building, human development and natural resource management. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at http://www.msiworldwide.com/
forthcoming USAID/Tanzania project will be focused on strengthening
civil society to monitor, lobby and advocate for greater accountability
and on strengthening the capacity of the government’s accountability
Management/M&E Manager will be responsible for working with grantees
to strengthen their abilities to manage and monitor grant awards
effectively. This Manager will provide technical capacity building
support to CSO grantees so they understand USAID grant and financial
management regulations, adhere to those regulations, conduct internal
monitoring of their own operations, and develop their public outreach
abilities. This is a 4-year full-time position based in Dar Es Salaam.
The assignment is expected to start in late fall 2012. This job involves
close liaison with the project Technical Team, including the Deputy
Chief of Party.
**Please note that this is a local position. Only Tanzanian citizens are eligible to apply.**
· Conduct training and provide technical advice on USAID grant-related regulations
Conduct training and provide technical assistance on how
grantees can effectively monitor and evaluate their own performance
· Conduct site visits to grantees to ensure that they are adhering to grant regulations
· Develop M&E Plan and implement the plan to ensure that grantees are achieving their objectives
· Provide support and training in effective financial management approaches
· Conduct training for grantees on how to implement sub grant programs
· Conduct training and provide assistance to grantees on effective public outreach programs
• Demonstrated expertise in grants management and in monitoring and evaluation approaches.
• Experience using/training USAID regulations and codes on grants.
• Prior experience on international donor-funded anti-corruption or government accountability projects preferred.
• Bachelors is required, Master’s Degree in public administration, social sciences, or law is a plus.
• Fluency in English is required.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
To apply, please visit our website: http://www.msiworldwide.com/