Deloitte East Africa
Deloitte Consulting Ltd is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We offer clients much more than depth of expertise. We take great pride in our ability to deliver consistent global service and to place highly professional individuals in consulting teams anywhere in the world. This stems from our strong belief that only exceptional people can provide exceptional services to our clients. Our internal culture encourages and supports the best people and we have undoubtedly come to be recognised as the employer of choice for top talent in East Africa as well as globally. We strive to attract and retain people with the capacity to continually contribute to the growth of the firm, sustain a high level of performance and to develop and grow as individuals.
Deloitte Consulting Ltd is looking for a talented individual to join our Human Resources team in Tanzania in the role of a Manager.
- Jointly with the Board appointed HR committee, formulate and implement suitable HR strategies, policies and practices that support the corporate vision, mission and strategic objectives, particularly Deloitte's twin objective of being an employer and service provider of choice;
- Develop an effective organisation structure and manage organisational change processes which improve organisational systems and procedures, especially the harmonisation of recruitment procedures, engagement contracts and application of other HR policies and procedures
- Oversee areas of manpower planning, induction, performance management, staff retention, mobility, remuneration policy, employee welfare and HR Operations;
- Advise the firm accordingly on issues with regard to labour laws and ensure the firm is in compliance;
- Develop the departmental budget for approval;
- Establish and maintain best employee relation and practices and implement effective communication systems; and
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with professional HR associations and keep abreast of developments in HR and advise the Partners accordingly.
As an ideal team player, you should possess the following attributes:
- Bachelor's degree in Social Sciences
- A masters degree will be an added advantage;
- 5 years relevant work experience of which 3 years must be in a similar role; and
- A thorough knowledge of regional labour laws is a prerequisite.
Other relevant skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written)
- Change and project management
- Supervisory and time management
- Appreciation of budgeting and basic financial management
- High levels of personal motivation and energy.